May 26, 2010

Tempest and Video

This year's art show went great. I think that Tempest was one of the best out of the three art shows that I've seen so far, but next year will most certainly be the very best. The short films were awesome this year, and very interesting, the streeters videos were funny, and the mockumentaries were HILARIOUS.

TEMPEST, the theme of this year's art show.

I had doubts about getting my streeters shown during the art show because honestly, I thought it was the worst out of them all, but when I was in the audience when my streeters screened, the audience actually enjoyed it (sort of, haha) and then I thought, eh, it's not as bad as I thought. One thing's for sure though, I'm gonna make something way better than that out my next year in film!

Short films this year were the greatest! I particularly liked 'Plug In Baby' and 'A Strange Arrangement', because they used unique film techniques to make a spectacular sequence of events. For example, the way the camera suddenly tilted up from the side to the right side up when Alyssa got up from the couch in 'Plug In Baby' was a very interesting play on the camera angle, or when Darryl and Chesca were walking down the path in 'A Strange Arrangement',Chesca just disappears when they walk past a tree, and I thought that was cool. The story of the films were also interesting, especially the surprise at the end of 'Plug In Baby'. Maybe next year, I'll make an epic film that can stand with these two films.

No comments:

Post a Comment